Wednesday 14 July 2010

Terracotta Jewellery

Life has been more demanding than normal … I’m normally good at replying to emails or atleast informing those who write to me that I will get back to them… I just believe that if you’ve bestowed your precious time on writing even one email to me, I am honoured and indebted and hence simply have to reply. I feel horrid today!! Only because I saw a few emails in my inbox that I had completely forgotten about. What’s even worst, is just before I found these, I had already deleted & cleared my deleted items folder… So, if I have not replied to your email today, please, please write to me… tell me.. yell at me… but please write to me.. I’m sorry!! I’m normally good at this stuff. Have you seen Terracotta Jewellery??
Here is featuring Manju who belongs to a small village in Palakkad district in Kerala (India) and about a year ago starting creating these magical jewels as her hobby.
For the first few months, it was a bit of a struggle. As moulding clay into shapes and designs is rather difficult. All these are hand made with very basic tools like bottle caps, tooth picks, etc. The process is obviously same as making pottery. No colouring agent is used … these are naturally beautiful & unique.
Her husband Satish, maintains Jewels out of clay for her, where they keep a few pictures of her work.
Satish & Manju sell these products through exhibitions.
I love this one... and think its gorgeous...
If you are interested in these items, please email them on satman2720143@yahoo.com.au or call them on +919495251251
Go on and check Jewels out of clay and encourage this talent...
If you would like to be featured here, please write to me on torresp27@hotmail.com

30 comments:

  1. This collection is gorgeous!! And the bracelets... my FAVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmmm in love with these terracotta jewellery..they are so hepp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,she sure is talented.If only we had something like etsy in India,she would have found an even bigger platform to sell these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I want those bangles. so.bad. I'm hopping over to check out her site.........thanks for sharing patty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty collection.

    Terracotta jewelry is also very famous in West Bengal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty collection. Being a potter myself I can imagine the effort that must have gone into making each piece. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. had never heard of terracotta jewelery.. looks good.. creative..inspirational..will try my hand at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this stuff...reminds me of my childhood in Calcutta where artisans would make this stuff. glad you featured this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really hope her work sells. Its beautiful =) I had told her to sell it on etsy.

    Also, Patricia I have been trying to email you pics of the mural work but they are not being delivered for some reason. Is there another address i can send them to you on? i cant seem to figure out what the problem is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,


    I never wear such earrings.:) But i will definably wear in my new year celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All those jewelry pieces are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello. lovely stuff.. will you able to sell this to me in bulk?? if yes pls mail me the catalog to arunaramesh86@gmail.com pls

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great collection of Terracotta Jewellery.. all terracotta are handmade jewellery which give you traditional look while you are using this jewellery fashion...

    keep going... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice collection of terracotta jewellery.... Most fashionable women must try this kind of handmade jewellery rather than using gold jewellery.. This kind of jewellery are affordable to all. I like this post keep going... :) best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your work is great. We would like to introduce some of our unique designs made by handicraft artists.
    Hope you will have a look at our terracotta jewellery.
    http://bit.ly/OCtWkD

    ReplyDelete
  16. you jewellery fininshing is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice collections.................

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely collection of jewellery. Specially the one with enchanting clay.
    Buy Handicrafts Online at ZupiterG :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Such intricate work and I love that she hasnt used any dyes and kept them all natural. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow good finshing work and Images ,Hope you will also like our terracotta jewellery collection .
    http://bit.ly/1uHtxKI.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the bangles.......awe inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for provides great informatic and Nice Blog, this blog is very informative & valuable for me. I will wait for your kindly new information about Artificial fashion jewellery in delhi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jewellery for years has complimented a woman and has been a multi dollar industry for years. Different metals have a different approach to designing and production. Hamstech Institute brings a comprehensive course including terracotta jewellery making, diploma in jewellery design that creates a unique opportunity for students to learn, understand, develop, innovate and display their creativity in the field. terracotta jewellery making

    ReplyDelete
  24. That seems to be so pretty in photograph. But i don't think these items will be this nice at live. Because I have seen jewelry like this live, but i was not impressed and make a purchase yet.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like that. I appreciate the creativity.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!