Tuesday 9 August 2011

Shelf Stories ~ Mytri

I was a bit nervous to start off this series ~ Shelf Stories.. as I have no open shelves at home to show you and I just wasn't sure of the response... So I emailed a few friends asking for pics ... Thank you my loves... I'm humbled by the response!! *smiles*
The first set of pictures came from Mytri ~ showing us her stunning collections... *sigh*
Here is what Mytri has to say ~~

Here are some pictures of my shelves. In my house, shelves in various rooms are used for everything. From keeping books to favorite memorabilia. I have distinct likes and dislikes. I can love a contemporary book shelf and keep a favorite stuffed yak on the top and have an antique-looking chest and keep my sarees in there. I love things that are out in the open for me to enjoy as I enter a room. Each piece has it's own story to tell. I usually sit in the formal living room when I have to talk to friends and go through the various things in that room. In my dining room, I sit and think or do some art project and like to glance at various objects on my shelves. Memories are very powerful and I enjoy looking at objects that have deep connections to my family. And, yes sometimes they are even used for the purpose they were installed, to hold extra blankets along with the hat I got many years ago :). I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Don't you simply love her collections??
All these stunning pieces form part of her memories and are close to her heart...
Totally love... love those rickshaws... *smiles*
Hope you are joining in with your Shelf Stories ~ ~ If you are a non blogger, simply email your story and pics to torresp27@hotmail.com

17 comments:

  1. I loved your signature collections Mytri! The cute little autos stole my heart:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow fabulous...all her artefacts and even the shelf luks gr8...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful home and gorgeous collections Mytri... Love the bull shaped ceramic pot and the ceramic pieces in the first picture...Lovely !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Padmaja, Nisha and Emreen. Each piece has travelled with me from some place :) and reminds me of the wonderful times I had with the family.
    Mytri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your collection Mytri. Everyday looking at all those precious collection, makes one feel so good. Thanks for sharing them with us: it was indeed wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your shelf collections.the one with the Buddha is stunning like the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your collections are beautiful! Loved the ceramic one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your collections are beautiful! Loved the ceramic one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the collections!

    Hi Patricia,

    Sorry for the late reply. But Pinterest isase of lovely a database of lovely images related to decor, crafts and more. I send you an invite. You have to join it! You can get hooked on for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia, I heard about your shelf series from a fellow blogger, Shanti. Great stuff. She suggested I link my recent post to yours...you'll know why once you see the link below :)

    http://homecanvas.blogspot.com/2011/08/kitschy-kitchen.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it, love it...totally loved the shelves my friend...such lovely memories...:-) loved teh auto's and teh taxi, kane...also all teh other artefacts...the deveramane...:-)

    Patricia - loved teh post...we want more...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Rama, Sarmistha, SV, Radn and NotYet100. Anpu and Patty you are an inspiration to all of us. Especially the slobs among us :). Love your colorful blog. All of us can learn something new. Appreciate all the time and effort you put into it.
    Mytri

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow..great collection. specially love those Rickshaw:) so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That shelf with carving is so beautiful. Also, I liked the corner shelf with the statue of Buddha.
    Mytri, you have a great collection. I am sure it will only grow with time because you love each piece so dearly.

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is very apparent that your shelves tell a lot of stories..interestingly done.

    http://www.lminteriorsllc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!